Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Scam Email: Leslie Pontz

Hi Kathleen.
So appreciate your efforts on art scams - I will fwd you an email string and wanted to add Leslie Pontz to your list of names. Thx
Leslie Pontz [leslie.pontzshop@gmail.com] wrote:

Hello,

I would like to place an order from you to Iceland,but before i do i want to inform if i can make the payment with my US Master card because presently my best form of payment is via credit card,that is where i put all my money for any international transaction.So kindly reconfirm your website/contact details and get back to me with it so as to know if I'm right with the site.
Concerning the shipment,my shipping company will be coming to pickup the items because i already have some merchandise with them in which they will be shipping together to me here in Iceland.So you don't need to be worried about the shipment nor handling fee.

leslie.pontzshop
Skólavörðustígur 12
101 Reykjavík,
Iceland.
Tel. +354 553 2690
Fax +354 552 3632

Best Regard,
Leslie Pontz.

---------

Leslie Pontz [leslie.pontzshop@gmail.com] wrote:

Hello Nicole,

I got you response,So below here is what i need.

"Ripe and ready" 24x30
Qty...3

Coffee Break" 9x12

Please kindly calculate the total cost of the items ,so that you can get the order processed for me.i will email you my credit card account information for the payment of the order.

Concerning the shipment, i will be having my shipping agent coming to pickup the order directly from you because i already have some large merchandise with them in which after picking up the items they will then deliver it to me here in Iceland.So i want you to get back to me with the size and weight items.

Regards,
Leslie Pontz.

--------

From: Leslie Pontz [leslie.pontzshop@gmail.com]
Subject: Concerning My Shipment....

Dear Nicole,

I got the total quote of the order which is ($1,955). The shipping company will have the order picked up from your facilities because i have made an arrangement with the shipping agent who will be coming to pickup the items right from your location so as to avoid the shipping responsibilities and difficulties that you might be experienced in shipping to Iceland.The Shipping Agent have all the documents and permits required for the exportation of these order.And they will handle all the custom duties and insurance as well because all will be dully paid by me .They have got similar items shipped to me here successfully.So i have discussed with the shipping agent about the nature,quantity of these items and i was charged ($1,780) for the shipping cost,including some of my merchandise i ordered from different countries that is with them which they will be delivering to me here in Iceland.I will need you to do me a favor as explained below:

I want you to please assist me to charge the shipping fee of the shipment which is ($1,780) on my credit card account and then Transfer to the shipping agency's office so it will enable their representative to come for the pick up.I know it's not your responsibility to do this,i just want you to try and understand me and be of assist to me and my next order will be ship by you.Also, I'm compensating you with the sum of ($200) for the transfer fee and for your efforts.So the charges that will be deducted on my credit card will be:

TOTAL COST OF ITEMS BOUGHT:                 ($1,955)
SHIPPING FEE GRAND TOTAL  :                    ($1,780)
CREDIT CARD SURCHARGING FEE :               ($80)  (FOR THE SHIPPING FEE)
TRANSFER FEE AND YOUR COMMISSION:    ($200)
THE GRAND TOTAL COST :                             ($4,015)

Note that my credit card will be charged for the amounts above.Please do get back to me if you are in the office right now so that i can email you my credit card details,then you can charge the full amount and transfer the agent fee to them so as to proceeding the shipment.And as soon as the shipping agency received the shipping fund, they will schedule the time for the pick up and then come to your location pick up the order.

Warmest Regards,
Leslie Pontz.
Here you are Kathleen. Post what you'd like but I'm glad I read your site and will not reply to his/her replies. My best

Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Kathleen - First of all - I am the real Leslie Pontz and do not want you to be concerned about receiving this email from me. I am happy that you are involved in trying to stop these scams. I tried posting this on a google alert that i received but it would not publish so I am sending it straight to you. It is a little freaky to be the subject of a scam alert, but I am glad that you post such things. Below is the email that I tried to post. I am actually a real person whose name is being used to scam people. Please let people know that they should not respond to that email. Thanks. And feel free to contact me if you have any questions after reading the information below. Leslie Pontz

    Leslie Pontz said...
    I am so happy to see that there is a Scam Alert out there for this email. I myself received the same email under someone else's name. I had my gallery vet it and of course they discovered the scam. The gallery called their bluff and then all of a sudden the email was being sent out under my name.

    So I, the real Leslie Pontz, have nothing to do with this email and the email address is bogus. I am not from Iceland and do not own any kind of shop in Iceland. Please do not do business with these people. They are bogus too. I have filed a report with Google which went through a federal agency. I am not sure if that will help stop this nonsense, but it is worth the try. Thanks again for posting this information.

    ReplyDelete